Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day!

Today is the day we've been waiting for and I am so happy to say it has been victorious as we had hoped!

As I put Allie to bed tonight, I couldn't help but remember rocking my 1 month old baby girl to sleep as I watched the election returns of 2008. I watched history unfold as Barack Obama declared victory and I held my baby in my arms fearful of what her future would hold with him as our President. And so began our journey into politics...

Eleven months ago as Josh and I decided he should take a job working to get Mike Pompeo elected to Congress I could have never imagined the ups and downs the campaign would bring. But, ultimately all the hard work has paid off. In fact, it looks like a clean Republican sweep in Kansas. Whew! What a breath of fresh air. I am so proud of my wonderful husband for being so diligent in this process.

Congressman-Elect Mike Pompeo delivering his victory speech!

No comments:

Post a Comment