Monday, September 6, 2010

My Blog Vacation

I apologize to all of my loyal blog readers for the absence of updates. Let me catch you up on the last month in the life of the Wells family. Thanks to all the great voters in the 4th district of Kansas Mike won the primary on August 3rd!! It was an incredible night! The next day Josh, Allie and I left for Los Angeles. We had an amazing time. Highlights were Long Beach (although Allie hated it, can't handle sand), Disneyland, San Diego Zoo, two MLB baseball games and Hollywood! The best part was the opportunity to spend so much time together as a family after such a crazy summer. The week we came back home was horrible. One of the worst weeks I can remember. Highlights were an emergency landing on our flight home resulting in a full day in the airport and on 3 different flights with a 22 month old, no luggage upon arrival, Josh's truck not starting...twice, and an unfortunate mistake on twitter. But, God has been faithful in this journey through the good times and bad. He is the reason we made it through that week.

My absence from the blog stems from being overwhelmed by hundreds of pictures of our trip and the circumstances of our arrival back home. But, something has rekindled my motivation. This is a birthday present for Josh and I....


It's an awesome camera from Josh's mom. Now we can take amazing pictures! Our favorite subject of course is our sweet Allie.

Here are a few pictures to highlight our trip. There are many more posted on facebook if we are friends and you are interested.

Our family at the Dodgers game

Allie on a Harbor Cruise

Us with Minnie...we waited 45 minutes for this picture. Crazy I know.

Us with Mickey

Allie's reaction to seeing Mickey for the first time

Allie and Mommy at Disneyland

Daddy and Allie at Disneyland

Daddy and Allie at the San Diego Zoo

Mommy and Allie leaving the San Diego Zoo

The family in Hollywood

Josh and I on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

Allie put her hand over her heart for the national anthem at the Angel's game without being told to. So cute! I love this picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment